Hello, guys in this article we are going to see some most important basic concepts of computer networks, that are often asked in placement interviews. If you go through all this content in the sheet then you will be able to crack all basic computer networking questions. It includes networking architecture, topology in computer network Hub, Switch, etc.
How to Download the Sheet
Download the sheet at the bottom of the page! Given in blue button.
Understand the core concepts of Computer Networks from the scratch in an easy way!
1. Fundamentals of Networking – Network Criteria, Types, Basic Parameters.
2. Network Topologies – Types of network topologies & Connection, Mesh, Star, Ring, and Bus Topologies.
3. The responsibilities of all the layers of the OSI Model and the TCP/IP Model.
4. Line Coding Techniques – Unipolar NRZ, Polar NRZ, RZ, Bipolar, Biphase Schemes.
5. Error Detection Techniques – Parity, LRC, CRC, VRC, Checksum.
6. Switching Techniques – Circuit Switching, Packet Switching and VCN.
7. Flow Control Techniques – Stop and Wait, ARQ, Sliding Window Protocols.
8. Multiplexing Techniques – TDM, FDM, WDM
9. Addressing – IPv4, IPv6, IPv4 Header Format.
10. Network Devices – Passive Hubs, Active Hubs, Repeaters, Bridges, Routers
11. UDP – Introduction, Advantages, Disadvantages, Uses, Header Format
12. TCP – Introduction, Advantages, Disadvantages, Uses, Header Format, Data Delivery Phases
About Computer Network Architecture
A computer Network architecture is an interconnection between computers or we can say computer network architecture is a group of computers linked to each other which enables one computer to communicate with another computer. It acts as the basis of communication in Information Technology (IT). It is a system of connected computing devices that shares information and resources between them. The devices in network topology are connected by communication links (wired/wireless) and share data by Data Communication System.
Likewise how lan support works and the basic concepts of each network. Some of it has part like how basic network troubleshooting works and how to implement network troubleshooting and support.
Network: A network is a set of devices that are connected with a physical media link. In
a network, two or more nodes are connected by a physical link or two or more networks
are connected by one or more nodes. A network is a collection of devices connected to
each other to allow the sharing of data.
Network Topology: Network topology specifies the layout of a computer network. It
shows how devices and cables are connected to each other.
Types of Network Topology
This sheet also includes topology in computer networks and its different types showing the networking architecture. Including different types of computer networks like LAN, MAN, PAN, WAN and also their supports.
Different Types of Computer Networks : (Imp)
Networks can be divided on the basis of the area of
distribution. For example:
● PAN (Personal Area Network): Its range limit is up to 10 meters. It is created for
personal use. Generally, personal devices are connected to this network. For example
computers, telephones, fax, printers, etc.
● LAN (Local Area Network): It is used for a small geographical location like office,
hospital, school, etc.
● HAN (House Area Network): It is actually a LAN that is used within a house and used to
connect homely devices like personal computers, phones, printers, etc.
● CAN (Campus Area Network): It is a connection of devices within a campus area which
links to other departments of the organization within the same campus.
● MAN (Metropolitan Area Network): It is used to connect the devices which span to
large cities like metropolitan cities over a wide geographical area.
● WAN (Wide Area Network): It is used over a wide geographical location that may range
to connect cities and countries.
● GAN (Global Area Network): It uses satellites to connect devices over the global area.
Link is getting ready, start in 10 Seconds…